Local SEO is a very good and effective method of online marketing in your local area. This is great when first starting your business as you will get known in your area and then you will have good foundation and client base to allow for expansion.
Local SEO uses business directories and yellow pages as well as Google’s own directories, which millions of users tap into when searching for local services.
Local SEO is different from something like putting leaflets into people letterboxes or having ads in a local newspaper because it targets a specific audience. This means that only potential customers are targeted, in this case, website owners would be targeted for SEO. There is also a much higher rate of conversion as customers look up your service when they are actually looking to buy. Not while they are reading the news. It guarantees that your business is seen by people who are interested in the service you offer.
Below are some factors which play a huge role in local SEO and allow you to attract new customers thereby, increasing business revenue.
- Local customers are now going online to find services in their local area. In this moment in time, around 60 – 70% of local searches are made on a mobile device so don’t forget to have a mobile friendly site! Only around 30% of people use paper directories and this number is constantly lowering.
- A great benefit of local SEO is that you can get yourself out there and network with lots of different people! It helps you build connections with local customers who will stay customers for a lifetime. Again, it also allows you to connect with your customers when they actually need you.
- The huge increase in mobile users means more local customers use their mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, iPads, etc) to make searches for local services, instead of their desktop. Local SEO includes optimizing your site to make it mobile friendly so mobile users are targeted as well as desktop users.
- Prepare for a very good ROI (return on investment). Not just local SEO but SEO, in general, is an extremely effective ways to profit. But only if implemented correctly. This year alone, it is expected that SEO is going to become an 8 billion dollar industry. This must mean that SEO is WORKING and is very cost effective.
- Local SEO is a great chance to get ahead of your competition. As shocking as it may seem, only 10% of local business have got an online listing in Google for their service. This creates a great opportunity for you and your business to get a high ranking listing before your competitors wise up and start investing in SEO. This is the case in many cities and in markets like London SEO which are very dense. It is more important than ever to have a website and a listing in the top Google results.
- Plenty of online business directories are currently free however, you can’t expect them to stay free forever. Now is the time to make a move and get a listing not only in Googles directory (Google My Business) but also in other business directories like Yelp.
- You have most probably noticed that local newspapers are in rapid decline. Everyone now checks world news and local news online so is it really worth investing your hard earned money into local newspaper adverts? The answer is a big no. Invest it in SEO instead.
- Online business reviews have started to gain a lot of trust from communities. Make sure you have LinkedIn recommendations and good online reviews to gain trust from your customers. Additionally, don’t forget about the old-fashioned marketing tool – word of mouth. This is still one of the most effective ways to get customers and can get you hundreds of new clients.
Check out this SEO agency in London who specialise in local SEO.